This morning it was raining. The beach excursion that my sisters and mom and I had planned evolved into a shopping excursion.
This afternoon it was pleasant, breezy and sunny! The shopping excursion evolved into an afternoon on the the deck of one of our favorite bay front spots!
This was our view:
We love it and thoroughly enjoyed the last afternoon of summer with some iced tea or adult beverage of our choice!
This evening it was time to head home. My husband was already at the house when I arrived. He greeted me with this song:
"Back to Life Back to Reality"
He's soooo mean!!!!
Although, in all honesty, I am ready to go back.
I've been reading The Daily Five this summer and I'm ready to start implementing some of the new procedures I've been thinking and reflecting about.
Thanks to my sister and sister-in-law, I've also recently become addicted to Pinterest. I've found a lot of great ideas for supporting reading comprehension and understanding of complex passages, specifically as it supports the Common Core Standards.
However, this summer has primarily been a summer of relaxation!
- I've spent time with family visiting local attractions and playing games.
- I learned how to crochet and even completed 1 dishrag for the mere cost of $21 ($18 class, $1 crochet needle and $2 yarn).
- I've also enjoyed a number of books we term "beach reads"...not a lot of substance and not great literature but very enjoyable none-the-less.
- My husband and I have taken a few weekend get-away trips.
- And I have 1, yes 1, thing completed off of my "I'm taking summer off so I'll really have time to get some household projects completed list." (How pathetic!....not that I'm worried about it...I had a great time playing instead!)
However, it is time to "get back to reality" and I am eager to learn about my new students try out some new ideas and get back into a problem solving frame of mind.
Now I have to go set my alarm....ughhh! if only I could start my reality at 9:30am instead of 6:30am......